9/12/12

Arise and Shine in the Strength of the Lord

Done and shipped!  300 pieces of handmade jewelry!

An international LDS stake is having a large YW activity where they are focusing on the theme for this year, "Arise and Shine", along with the scripture, "in the Strength of the Lord I can do all things".  They asked me to create a vintage necklace for each of the 150 participates.  It was fun coming up with the design for this event!


They also wanted to split the girls into 6 groups and have bracelets in different colors to show which group they were in.  I designed bracelets with the YW torch and saying in 6 colors which they could use for this.  We incorporated the pearls and vintage brass in the design for a trendy look.



As I was hand making each of these pieces of jewelry these past two weeks I was thinking of the girls that would wear them and wondered how the sayings on the jewelry would inspire them to live their lives better.  This is something I often think about ~~ who's wearing the jewelry and how it effects them.  I love my job because I want to make a difference in someones life! I try to make jewelry that will inspire and uplift the wearer.



I pray that in the far away land in which I shipped the package that the girls will love and cherish their jewelry  and enjoy them as much as I did making them!

If you have an event wear you'd like me to design something special for each of the participants, please feel free to email me your ideas and we'll discuss the details.  julkid@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...