11/4/11

 My niece, Madison, spent 6 months in China during 2010 teaching English.  She loved her time there and had many cherished memories.  Her mother asked me to make Madison a memory key chain that would help her remember the great times that she spent in China.  This is what I made for her.

I looked at the photos that her mother wanted to use and chose 3 of them that could be made in different sizes.  I made a rectangle one out of the photo of the whole class of students.  This rectangle glass really lends itself to group or landscape shots.  Then I chose a 1 inch square to encase the photo of Madison sitting in a great stone window overlooking a large mountain.  I wanted to finish off the design with a round photo charm and chose to use a 1 inch domed glass set in a silver pendant tray.

A 3/4" Sterling Silver disc has the location and year hand stamped and then brushed and polished.  A 3/8" copper disc has Madison's initials "M R".  Then to finish off the creation I used several wrapped green pearls and some large purple dangle beads.  I love how this Memory Charm Cluster Key Chain turned out and I'm sure that Madison will absolutely love it too!  (She's now serving on a church mission in Taiwan so it's being sent to her for her birthday.)

I've gone ahead and made a listing for a Custom Memory Charm Cluster in our Etsy Shop.  You can have me create a travel, friendship, wedding, or any other type of Memory Charm Cluster that you can dream up.  I can't wait to create some more fun memories for someone else!  You can find the listing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...