5/24/11

New Trend -- Leather Gem Wrap

Actress Gabrielle Anwar of "Burn Notice" in a Chan Luu wrap bracelets
This trend of wearing lots of bright colored bracelets and wraps is fun and addicting.  These unique leather wraps with gems enclosed between two strands of leather can be found on celebrities and in posh boutiques.
Chan Luu wrap bracelet listed on Zappos

I've spent many hours the past month or so learning how to create these beautiful wraps.  I have made a couple of them that I'd like to share.  The first one is in my birthstone -- the amethyst.

The wrap is 23 inches long.  It can be wrapped around my wrist 3 times and has an adjustable loop for someone with a smaller wrist than mine.


The second one that I made is just 14 inches long.  It can be wrapped around most ladies wrists 2 times.  It was made with a soft pink leather and pink semi-previous stones, crystals and pearls.  It closes with a darling silver heart.

The possibilities are endless in making wraps.  I have so many ideas that I want to try!  I just need the time and resources to explore more of the creations that are swimming around in my head. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...